Ingredients for this salad:
- 1¼ pound(600g) squid
- boiling water
For ginger sauce:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons green onion,finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry Sherry
- 1 piece fresh ginger,peeled and cut into pieces
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 2 green bell peppers,seeded and finely shredded
- 1 cup bamboo shoots,finely shredded
- 1 leek(white part only) finely shrtedded
- 1 carrot,finely shredded
Open and clean squid.
Score diamond pattern on underside.
Cut into pieces.
Bring to a boil.
Cook until white and curled,about 1-2 minutes.
Drain and let cool.
Combine all ingredients for sauce together in food processor or blender.
Blend until onion and ginger are finely minced.
Combine remaining ingredients in bowl and toss lightly.
Toss cooked squid in sauce.
Arrange over vegetables.
Spoon any remaining sauce over squid salad.
Serve squid salad at room temperature.