Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo with Shrimp
#fettuccine #pasta #seaffod #shrimp
Oven Baked Tarragon Chicken with Celery and Mushrooms
Oven baked tarragon chicken with celery and mushrooms. Chicken breasts with vegetables and herbs cooked in turbo oven. Very delicious and healthy recipe!
Makes 4 servings
- few sprigs of tarragon
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove,peeled and finely chopped
- 6-8 celery stalks,thinly sliced
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chicken stock
- 3 oz (90 g) mushrooms,sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a dip dish,combine tarragon,dry white wine,garlic and celery.Season with salt and black pepper and toss well.
- Place in chicken breasts and brush them with vegetable oil.
- Preheat turbo oven to 475 F (240 C).
- Set the dish on the rack in the middle of turbo oven and cook in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until chicken breasts are lightly browned.
- Turn the chicken and continue cooking for a further 10 minutes or until skin is crisp.
- Remove oven baked chicken from turbo oven and transfer to serving platter.
- Add chicken stock and sliced mushrooms to the dish and cook until liquid is bubbling and mushrooms are cooked through.
- Spoon the sauce and vegetables over baked chicken breasts and serve immediately.
Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
Easy recipe,few ingredients for full-flavored slow cooker vegetable beef soup.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 1 pound (480 g) ground beef
- 1 14-oz (420 ml) can beef broth
- 1¼ cups water
- 1 10-oz (300g) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 14½-oz (435 ml) can tomatoes,cut up
- 1 10¾-oz (325 ml) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning,crushed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large nonstick skillet cook ground beef until brown and drain off fat.
- Place meat in a slow cooker.Add the remaining ingredients to the cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours.
Fried Chicken in Citrus Sauce
Easy to prepare this delicious chicken breasts,rice and citrus sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion ( 250 ml )
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked Basmati or jasmine long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon unpeeled grated fresh ginger or 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- In shallow dish combine flour, the ¾ teaspoon salt and pepper.Mix well.
- Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture.
- Discard any remaining flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet preheat vegetable oil.
- Add chicken breasts and brown over medium heat for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove cooked chicken from the skillet,reserving drippings.Set chicken aside.
- Add chopped celery and onion to drippings in skillet and cook,stirring 3-4 minutes.
- Gradually stir water,rice,ginger,remaining ½ teaspoon salt,allspice and turmeric into cooked vegetables.
- Increase heat to high and bring vegetable mixture to a boil.
- Add chicken pieces,then reduce heat to low and simmer,covered,for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken no longer pink.
- Top with lemon slices during last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Sprinkle snipped parsley over chicken mixture. Squeeze warm lemon juice over chicken and serve immediately.
Slow Cooker Vegetable Stock
This delicious broth is the perfect base for many soups and stews
Makes 6 servings
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium carrots,peeled and sliced
- 1 turnip, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium stalk celery with leaves, sliced
- 1 medium potato,halved lengthwise and cut into ½ inch slices
- 6 unpeeled cloves garlic
- 6 spring parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups water
- In slow cooker combine all ingredients. Stir in the water.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 12 – 14 hours.
- Strain stock through a large sieve.
- Discard the solids.
Oven Baked Chicken Tikka Kebabs
Delicious chicken kebabs with tikka malasa paste cooked in turbo oven.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound ( 500 g ) boneless and skinless diced chicken fillets
- 2 to 3 tablespoons tikka masala paste
- In a mixing bowl,combine diced chicken and tikka masala paste.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove marinated chicken from the fridge and thread onto soaked wooden skewers (or metal skewers).
- Preheat turbo oven to 400F (200C).
- Place chicken skewers on the grill rack and cook, turning,for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is done.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dip
Delicious and popular Buffalo chicken wings with hot chili sauce and blue cheese dip.
Makes 32 appetizers
- 16 chicken wings (about 3 pounds(1.5 kg),cut off and chicken tips discarded
- 1½ cups (370 ml) bottled chili sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons bottled hot pepper sauce
- Blue cheese dip
- Rinse chicken wings under running cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Arrange chicken wings in an one layer on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 4-5 inches (10-12.5 cm) from the heat for 10 minutes or until chicken wings are brown,turning once.
- Transfer cooked chicken wings to slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl,combine chili sauce and hot pepper sauce.Mix well and pour over chicken wings.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
- Serve Buffalo chicken wings with Blue Cheese Dip (recipe follows)
Blue Cheese Dip
- In a blender,combine 8 oz (240 ml) dairy sour cream,1/21 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise,1/2 cup (125 g) crumbled blue cheese,1 clove garlic(peeled and minced) and 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar.
- Blend until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.