Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dip
Delicious and popular Buffalo chicken wings with hot chili sauce and blue cheese dip.
Makes 32 appetizers
- 16 chicken wings (about 3 pounds(1.5 kg),cut off and chicken tips discarded
- 1½ cups (370 ml) bottled chili sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons bottled hot pepper sauce
- Blue cheese dip
- Rinse chicken wings under running cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Arrange chicken wings in an one layer on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 4-5 inches (10-12.5 cm) from the heat for 10 minutes or until chicken wings are brown,turning once.
- Transfer cooked chicken wings to slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl,combine chili sauce and hot pepper sauce.Mix well and pour over chicken wings.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
- Serve Buffalo chicken wings with Blue Cheese Dip (recipe follows)
Blue Cheese Dip
- In a blender,combine 8 oz (240 ml) dairy sour cream,1/21 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise,1/2 cup (125 g) crumbled blue cheese,1 clove garlic(peeled and minced) and 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar.
- Blend until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.