Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
Easy recipe,few ingredients for full-flavored slow cooker vegetable beef soup.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 1 pound (480 g) ground beef
- 1 14-oz (420 ml) can beef broth
- 1¼ cups water
- 1 10-oz (300g) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 14½-oz (435 ml) can tomatoes,cut up
- 1 10¾-oz (325 ml) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning,crushed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large nonstick skillet cook ground beef until brown and drain off fat.
- Place meat in a slow cooker.Add the remaining ingredients to the cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours.
Slow Cooker Vegetable Stock
This delicious broth is the perfect base for many soups and stews
Makes 6 servings
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium carrots,peeled and sliced
- 1 turnip, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium stalk celery with leaves, sliced
- 1 medium potato,halved lengthwise and cut into ½ inch slices
- 6 unpeeled cloves garlic
- 6 spring parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups water
- In slow cooker combine all ingredients. Stir in the water.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 12 – 14 hours.
- Strain stock through a large sieve.
- Discard the solids.
Very delicious vegetable soup cooked in halogen (turbo) oven.
#recipes #soups #cooking #vegetable #healthy #vegetarian
This salty,spicy hot Thai soup is very similar to Tom Yum Goong soup.
#food #soups #recipes #shrimp #Thai #prawn
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots,peeled and chopped
- 1 rib celery,chopped
- 14½ oz(450 ml)can diced tomatoes
- 8 oz(240 ml) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cans(14 oz(420 ml)each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- Parmesan cheese,shredded
Slow Cooker Sausage Soup
1.In large nonstick skillet,combine Italian sausage,onion and garlic.
2.Mix well and cook over medium heat until sausage is cooked through.
4.Combine together carrots and celery in slow cooker.
5.Arrange sausage mixture on top of vegetables.
6.In medium bowl,combine undrained tomatoes,tomato sauce and spices.
7.Mix well and pour tomato mixture over sausage mixture.
8.Pour chicken broth over mixture in slow cooker.
9.Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours.
10.Stir in uncooked pasta and cook for additional 20 minutes.
11.Remove slow cooker sausage soup and discard bay leaf.
12.Serve hot with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- 1 lb(480 g) Brussels sprouts,trimmed,cut a cross in base of each
- 3 oz(90g) butter
- 1½ pint(1 l) hot beef stock
- 1oz(30g)all-purpose flour
- grated nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons single cream
- 1 egg yolk
Brussels Sprout Soup
1.Using a saucepan,melt 2 oz(60 g) butter.
2.Add Brussels sprout and cook for 3 minutes,stirring gently.
3.Add beef stock and salt.
4.Cover saucepan and cook for 40 minutes.
5.Sieve sprouts into bowl.
5.Using another pan,melt remaining butter.
6.Add all-purpose flour and cook,stirring gently for 3 minutes.
7.Remove pan from heat and add sprout puree.
8.Return pan to the heat and cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
9.Season Brussels sprout soup with salt and pinch of nutmeg.
10.In mixing bowl,mix cream and egg yolk.
11.Off heat,stir cream mixture into Brussels sprout soup to thicken.
- 2 28 oz(540ml each) cans V-8 juice
- 16 oz(480 ml) package shredded cabbage
- 2 cups frozen French-cut green beans,thawed and drained
- 2 cups frozen seasoning vegetables,thawed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 teaspoons chicken garlic and herb flavor instant bouillon and seasoning shakers
Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup
1.Lightly grease inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
2.Combine all soup ingredients in slow cooker.
3. Mix well.
4.Cover slow cooker and cook on low heat setting for 7-8 hours.
5.Remove 3-4 cups of slow cooker cabbage soup from pot.
6.Pour into food processor or blender.
7.Blend until smooth.
8.Return to slow cooker and heat through.
9.Serve slow cooker cabbage soup hot.
- 1½ lb tomatoes,blanched,peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cucumber peeled,seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 green pepper,seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled and chopped
- 4 oz(120 g) breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 sprig of parsley or mint
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pints(1.1 l) fresh water
1.Combine all ingredients with 1 pint water(560ml) in a blender.
2.Blend until smooth.
3.Put purée in a large bowl and stir in remaining 1 pint(560 ml) of water.
4.Cover and chill for 3 hours.
4.Before serving gazpacho soup,add a few ice cubes.
5.Serve soup with side dishes of chopped onion,hard boiled eggs,peppers and croutons.
- 1 small pumpkin,cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet potato,cut into wedges
- 1-2 carrots,peeled and thickly chopped
- olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic,peeled and crushed
- 1 onion,cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon root ginger,grated
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 sticks celery
- 4 tomatoes,peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons tomato purée
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 oz(15 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
Oven Roasted Pumpkin Soup
Preheat turbo oven to 410°F(210°C).
Combine pumpkin,potatoes and carrots in baking dish.
Lightly brush with oil.
Add the garlic,onion and spices.Mix well.
Arrange on the low grilling rack of turbo oven.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Remove the flesh form the pumpkin wedges.
Roughly chop the roasted vegetables.
Add with onion/seasoning dish on the low grilling rack.
Cover and cook at 392°F(200°C) for 30-40 minutes.
Let cool and then use blender to purée.
Season oven roasted pumpkin soup as required.
More turbo oven recipes
Although usually thought of as desserts,fruit soups also make an unusual and refreshing first course for a summer meal. Most of them are purees sweetened and diluted with wine,fruit juice or simply iced water.They can be made in a matter of minutes,using in blender.To cook strawberry-rhubarb soup you need the following ingredients:
1 pint strawberries
1 pound rhubarb
1 1/4 cups orange juice
about 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup chopped orange sections
1.Hull and slice strawberries and set aside 4 of the best slices.
2.Trim rhubarb,discarding any tough fibers.Cut stalks into bite-size chunks.
3.In 3-quart saucepan over medium heat,heat fruit and orange juice to boiling.Simmer about 10 minutes.
4.Remove pan from heat.Stir in sugar to taste.Allow to cool.
5.In covered blender container at low speed,blend soup,half at a time.
6.Pour soup into a bowl and fold in orange sections.Refrigerate,covered.Strawberry-rhubarb soup is ready.
7.Serve soup in chilled bowls,each garnished with a strawberry slice.